Saturday, March 2, 2013

You are My Rock Star


How many of you have a BOX or BIN full of all those little paper scraps that you just can not throw out?  I have a Banker Box full of scraps.  One day Pumpkin (my 5 year old daughter) and I sat and sorted all the scraps by color or pattern.  It took hours.. so I do feel somewhat obligated now to USE them.  Which is a good thing, otherwise I will need to get a second box ready.

There is a certain sense of accomplishment when I am able to complete a project with mostly scraps.  Sort of like putting a puzzle together.  I mean, I know I can just make a bunch of mini cards to use up the scraps, but I don't get the same feeling of accomplishment doing that.



 
A fun little card I made for my hubby!

He is working so hard (travels home every weekend 1,700 miles one way)
I wanted to let him know how much I think he ROCKS!! 

So why a Leprechaun you ask?... No good answer, except that I have been wanting to cut this little guy from the Simply Charmed Cricut Cartridge for months.  And Pumpkin wanted a rainbow, so what goes better with a Leprechaun?

I used nearly all scraps... One thing I love about digital cutters is the ability to utilize all those scraps for the tiny layered pieces.  Yes, some of my scraps are as small as 2 x 2.  Crazy right.  Like I said... Paper Addict! 

I am going to submit this in the following Challenges:
Pumpkin Spice - Green and 4 of Something

Today is the March Blog Hop with all the AMAZING ShopPumpkinSpice Designers as well as the Weekly Challenge. 
 

Have a fabulous weekend and give you favorite Paper Addict a hug!

 


2 comments:

  1. handsome leprechaun...have fun with your addiction. i know i do with mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your leprechaun- quite a cool hairdoo.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete